We Are Hiring!
Our music studio is fun and dynamic, and offers many ways to show and grow your skills. People love working here.
SUPERSTAR OFFICE ASSISTANT
If you would like to use your exceptional organizational, critical thinking and interpersonal skills, and if you’re inspired by the idea of running the front and back office of a music school in Long Beach, we’d like to meet you.
On Stage Music Academy (www.onstagemusicacademy.com) offers a new and exciting way to learn music with a focus on popular and rock music. We teach all levels of Voice and most Instruments. Our mission is to have students actually use what they learn, having fun in a band/performing setting. We build musicians here.
Starting on Day One, you will:
· Work closely with the owner/director of the school to assist in the on-going running of the daily business.
· Learn how to use our scheduling software with the immediate need for you
to oversee the proper and timely scheduling of lessons.
· Assume reception duties, interacting with students arriving for lessons and handling all enquiries from potential, new students.
· Generate and oversee the “intake” process & paperwork for new students.
· Use your very proficient knowledge of computers (PC and Mac) and your strong knowledge of Excel, Word & databases to build and oversee an office filing system.
· Work in tandem with our bookkeeper to create an organized system of keeping track of student payments.
· Work closely with our teachers and staff, addressing and resolving any administrative issues they might have.
· Communicate effectively and seamlessly via email, letters and in person with current students, prospective students, teachers, vendors and all who conduct business with the school.
Realistically, we need someone who has drive and maternal and/or paternal understanding of how to work well with young children and seasoned adults alike. In some ways, it’s as much a position of “air traffic control” as it is anything else, with particular emphasis on being able to balance the detail-oriented administrative work, with being an energetic, optimistic voice representing On Stage Music Academy.
Desired skills and experience:
In order to be able to accomplish all of the above, you must have a proven track record of having worked at the administrative level within a small business (or larger). In particular, you need to show that you are capable of balancing your people skills with your technical (computer) skills. A 4-year college degree is preferred but not essential. Strong communication skills are an absolute must. All candidates will be asked to write a short narrative about why they are interested in the position, and they will also be asked to demonstrate their skill sets using Excel and Word.
Hours of Operation: 2pm to 9pm Tue-Fri, and 9am to 3pm Saturday
This is a part-time position requiring 4-6 hours of work per day, five days a week, including Saturdays. If you cannot work on Saturdays, please do not apply for the position.
How to apply:
Please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.
Teaching positions are available now, with students ready to be scheduled for the following positions:
Voice, Drums, Piano, Guitar and Rock/Pop Band Coach. Teaching multiple instruments is a plus.
Apply by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter, including the instruments you teach/at what level, and your resume.
Applicants near Long Beach area preferred. School is open on weekday afternoons/evenings and Saturdays. Candidates must pass a background check to be considered for hire.
Please note that we will respond to applicants that match our requirements. Thank you.
Apply at email@example.com
On Stage Music Academy is committed to providing an enjoyable and safe work environment free from discrimination and harassment. It is our policy to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination. We are a drug and alcohol-free workplace.